Mariah Carey's 30kg weight loss

Mariah Carey

Radical slimdown ... Mariah Carey has lost 30kgs since giving birth.

Mariah Carey has shown off her post baby body and announced she is the new spokeswoman for Jenny Craig.

The 42-year-old singer gave birth to twins, Monroe and Moroccan in April of this year and has been battling to lose the weight ever since.

She has been on the program since July 22 and has lost 13.5kgs since then on top of the 18kgs she lost immediately after giving birth which she says was mainly water weight.

Advertisement: Story continues below

"I feel better in every way," Carey said while showing off her trim new physique on the Rosie O'Donnell Show.

"To me, it's mind, body and soul. I was in a bad place physically during my pregnancy."

The songstress, who has sold more than 200 million albums worldwide, revealed she had gestational diabetes and severe oedema - which is swelling caused by excess fluid that becomes trapped in the body's tissues.

"Oedema was probably the most painful thing I went through during my pregnancy," Carey said.

"My legs looked three times the size of what my legs do right now. I thought I would never be the same person again."

Some of the commercials that will run for Jenny Craig will feature her song Make It Happen which she says is "fitting because a lot of people give up hope when they have had their kids and can't lose that 20 pounds or 40 pounds."

Carey said that as well as eating the Jenny Craig products she cooked her own meals, worked out for 45 minutes four or five days a week and although she does not know how much she weighs she is happy now being a US size 4 to 6.

CM


Comments