Mariah Carey estranged sister: "Just call me"

Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey's estranged sister has reached out to reconcile with her.

Alison Carey Scott fell out with the singer in 1994 and the siblings have barely spoken in 15 years.

Scott, a former drug addict and prostitute, said that she wants to end the rift in order to meet Carey's twins, who she had with actor Nick Cannon in 2010.

Scott, 50, told The Sun: "I want to reach out to my sister and tell her how much I miss her and how proud I am that we are family I cannot put into words how moved I was to see pictures of my niece and nephew for the first time. I just wish Mariah would let me be her sister again and a proper auntie to her children."

Scott, who is HIV positive, also revealed that she has tried to contact Carey in the past year after a cancer scare, but never heard back from her famous sister.

"I reached out to Mariah last year when a doctor told me I had liver cancer and only four months left to live," she said. "A relative told me Mariah decided she wanted to reconcile and she would pay for my treatment. But I never heard from her. It turned out to be nothing more than a gallstone. But it would have been nice if my sister had been there for me."

Scott said that she is still keen to reunite with Carey, adding: "I've had my problems over the years but I want to tell Mariah I have been clean and sober for four months now and I am absolutely determined to keep my life on track.

"I really want our family to be together again, and watch my children playing with hers. If I had a message it would be, 'Just call me'."

Carey has yet to respond to Scott! 's comme nts. She and husband Nick Cannon recently renewed their wedding vows.


Comments