Mariah Carey, Demi Lovato Inspire One Direction Pal Camryn

In between hitting the gym with One Direction and opening for them on their just-launched Take Me Home Tour, 13-year-old Camryn is busy launching her own music career.

And, right now that means her focus is on getting as many people as she can hyped for her single, "Now or Never." She first debuted it last summer while opening for 1D on their Up All Night tour and it remains her signature track. "My new single 'Now or Never' is very fun. I needed a new dance song and we kind of wanted to make it very fun, but also have a really strong meaning to it. So kind of putting with YOLO and everything going on, we kind of just made it now or never," she explained to MTV News about her debut dance anthem.

Besides getting the help of a peppy, upbeat track, Camryn also pulls in inspiration from some of her idols.

"My influences are many different people. It kind of just depends," she explained. "I love Demi Lovato. I love Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, anybody with a high vocal range. My musical style is very pop rock."

For the time being, the singer's putting her name out there and isn't rushing to release an album. That means she will be playing "Now or Never," as well as many other tunes, on the European leg of the 1D tour. There is even a chance she might try out some new material. And, she promises that if you didn't show up to the venue a fan, she's going to do everything she can to make you one.

"I'm gonna really give it all I have," she said. "I have never toured in Europe, but! I hear the fans out there really do appreciate music. So I'm really excited for that. I'm a little nervous going into it... it's going to be interesting. I'm really excited to kind of go around Europe and see everyone's different cultures, the food," she added. "I'm ready for it all. I'm really excited to go everywhere over in Europe."

Have you caught on to Camryn yet? Tell us what you think in the comments!


Comments