Cheryl Cole: I know Im no Mariah Carey

The singer - who has been slated in the past for miming - was speaking as she announced she would be kicking off her tour in her home town of Newcastle.

Thousands of fans tweeted that she lip-synced her single Call My Name during the final of hit talent series The Voice.

Initially she said she is happy if people think she is miming her songs as it means she sounds GOOD.

And today she said: I am very aware of my ability, I know Im no Mariah Carey but I think the emotion in the song is what matters.

Its making people feel what youre singing about.

My new album is designed to entertain and I know when I take to the stage and I see a million little lights it really is game time."

Cheryl, 28, who also came under fire for her duet with Gary Barlow for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Concert, said her new album A Million Lights is her best work yet.

She said: Ive grown as a person and an artist, you can hear that in my music. I feel brand new.

Im bullet proof. I feel as hard as the times Ive had but I think everything happens for a reason, even if you cant always say what that reason is.

On the first album I was really nervous after seven years with Girls Aloud.

I had to step forward on my own and prove myself.

Now I have had two number one albums so I feel I know what Im doing.

I fit into my own shoes now and Im simply not worried anymore.


Comments