Talent Show Judges: Jessie J vs. Mariah Carey

She's got the voice and she's got the chops for judgingShe's got the voice and she's got the chops for judging

Jessie J has revealed that she is more "strict... straight to the point... [and] honest" on the upcoming series of The Voice UK.

The Nobodys Perfect singer also said that she has had to learn to control her emotions during filming, reported UK Metro.

"Sometimes I have to remember I am on TV and calm down when I'm in the chair," she admitted ahead of next weekend's opening episode. "I feel a lot more comfortable and a lot more relaxed second time around. I know what I am doing and I understand the format of the show more. I learnt a lot last year. This time around, I am making sure I make the best use of the time I have with my team."

The sexy coach insisted that this time she is combining a no-nonsense attitude with being "very caring" as well.

"I am strict and I definitely have not been faffing around! I am always quite direct and straight to the point. I am honest and I think I am very caring towards the artists."

Jessie J added that it is not possible for her to hold her acts' hands through the process as she has her own career, saying: "They have to work and so do I."

Im glad that Jessie J plans to go the strict but honest and yet caring route. I must say Im quite disappointed with Mariah Careys judging performance on The American Idol S12. She sounds more like a pageant winner whos so guarded and seems to wanna be well liked more than be a good judge.

Better the singer than the judgeBetter the singer than the judge

As a fan of the singer I can honestly say I prefer her as a singer than a judge. Shes too coy and too oh I dont wanna hurt your feelings kinda judge. Wheres the truth, wheres the honesty, Mariah? And what co! nstructive criticism of yours can contestants and viewers learn from if you are more keen on just being a nice person. You dont have to get nasty (like Simon Cowell), but may we remind you that judging is what you were hired to do, and not to be merely an ego booster.

Comments