Nicki Minaj Speaks On Mariah Carey Feud: "We're Fine"

American Idols' biggest divas have finally called it a draw.

After warring in the beginning stages of the singing show's new season, Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj could not find reason to see eye-to-eye. But in a recent appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Nicki says that she compensated by "being crazy."

"I don't know...It was just two big ol' divas, I guess," she says when asked about what went down between the two artists.

"I was, like, just sitting there and I guess before I went in there, I heard all this stuff that was being said, but I didn't believe it," the rapstress explains. "I heard them saying, like, 'Mariah doesn't want you on the panel.' But I was saying, 'No, I'm friends with Mariah.' I was arguing people down. Like, 'Don't believe everything you read! You're crazy.' So I went there, and I started feeling a little bit of 'the shade.' And I just kind of overcompensa ted by being crazier."

"It's like a defense mechanism," she continues. "It's really that your feelings are hurtso you kind of just compensate by being crazy."

But now Minaj has let the beef go and is aiming to be on her best behavior, as she sits alongside her idol on the judges' panel.

"We're fine [now]," she says. "I cannot hold a grudge against Mariah Carey. What people don't understand is that I've looked up to her for so many years...I don't know if she's gotten over it, but I have. I mean, I'm over there cracking up, laughing, having fun. So if she's still holding a grudge, I don't know. I don't care."

The season premiere of "American Idol" hits the small screen Wednesday, Jan. 16.

Via: Us Weekly

Also see:Nicki Minaj Talks About Her Love Life on the Ellen DeGeneres Show


Comments