Mariah's home jamming session

Mariah Carey liked the band on a recent dinner date in New York so much that she took them home to keep entertaining her.

The 41-year-old diva - who became a mother to twins in April - was dining out with husband Nick Cannon at Tolani, the supper club at TriBeCa's Theatre Bar, where classical guitarist Nilko Andreas was performing with his group.

Mariah and Nick liked the Colombian-born musician's playing to much they went backstage afterwards and invited him back to their house, The New York Post reports.

Nilko apparently agreed and joined them at their downtown loft apartment for a private jamming session.

America's Got Talent host Nick turned 31 last week.

He tweeted: "My wife my mom and my kids made it the most amazing day ever" and posted a picture of himself celebrating with his family.

Mariah Carey sings five octaves in 60 seconds

Mariah Carey may release her next album as soon as by the end of this year, says her husband.

George Pimentel/WireImage

Mariah Carey may release her next album as soon as by the end of this year, says her husband.

No one can sing quite like Mariah Carey.

One of the superstar's fans -- whom she calls her "lambs" -- put together a video which shows off Carey's impressive five-octave range.

Starting off low with E2, the clip takes listeners through 65 keys in ascending order all the way to the ear-piercing G#7.

The songs used as evidence include "O Holy Night," "Emotions" and "Forever."

Of her incredible talent, Carey has explained, "I have nodules on my vocal cords. My mother says I've had them since I was a kid. That's why I have the high register and the belting register and I can still be husky."

MARIAH AND OTHER HOLLYWOOD MOMS BEFORE AND AFTER PREGNANCY

"My doctors showed me my vocal cords and why I can hit those high notes," she added. "It's a certain part of the cord that not many people use — the very top."

The fan-made homage even hits a high note with Carey. She Google-plussed it with the note, "I love my fans! Mwah!!!!"

The new mom to twins Monroe and Moroccan is hard at work on her next album, which could be released by the end of the year, revealed her husband Nick Cannon.

"She's been working away, and we have a studio in the crib, and [the pregnancy] has totally inspired her on so many different levels," he told Billboard. "You're definitely gonna see some new phenomenal music from Mariah."

Comments