Mariah Carey and her flat belly

Mariah Carey and her flat belly

December 13th, 2011, 7:33 pm posted by

Im not going to pretend that my belly is anything short of flabby. Sometimes I look down and think, when did I put an inner tube around my waist? But that doesnt mean I should be expected to resemble someone like Mariah Carey.

Mariah Carey and her flat bellyThe pop singers tight, flat belly is under scrutiny right now because shes become a spokeswoman for Jenny only 6 months after giving birth to twins and it kinda sorta looks like she mightve had a little surgical help in getting rid of those stubborn 70 pounds.

How realistic is it for regular moms like us to lose that amount of weight in such a short amount of time? Not at all, in my opinion. Yet we are bombarded with images of celebs just like Mariah who even if there wasnt a nip or tuck likely have pricey, professional help with not only diets but workouts. Oh, and not to mention the fact that looking good is part of their job. Whereas my job includes sitting on a chair that has wheels.

Does seeing tight, post-birth bellies like Mariahs give you a complex, or have you learned to turn away, knowing it just isnt as easy for the rest of us?

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.


Comments