Mariah Carey 'humbled' by success of 'All I Want For Christmas Is You'

Mariah Carey and Justin Bieber

Mariah Carey has said that she is "amazed" by the perennial popularity of 'All I Want For Christmas Is You'.

The song, which originally went to number two in 1994, is due to return to the top ten this week.

"I'm amazed and humbled by its popularity, even all these years later. And I think it's great that people have the song as a ringtone," the singer told The Sun.

"Who'd have thought, all those years ago when I wrote it, that it would still be having an impact today?"

She went on to say that Christmas is a special time for her and her family.

"It's absolutely my favourite holiday and I've always loved everything about this time of year," she said. "I love cooking and I'm a smash-hit wonder in the kitchen.

"I'm going to be making the turkey, cranberry sauce and all the trimmings this Christmas. I cooked at Thanksgiving and it was a real success with everyone asking for seconds."

The cast of Glee recently covered the song, while crew members on board the HMS Ocean did their own take on the music video.

Watch the video for 'All I Want for Christmas Is You' with Justin Bieber below:


Comments