Rejoice! Mariah Carey, Jimmy Fallon, and The Roots Sing "All I Want For Christmas Is You"

To quote Ol' Dirty Bastard: "Me and Mariah / Go back like babies and pacifiers / Old Dirt Dog's no liar / Keep your fantasy hot like fire." And this, my dirt dogs, is a Mariah Carey fantasy perfect for the yuletide.

Behold: Backstage at Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, the always-grinning Jimmy, his house band The Roots, and the emancipated Mimi collaborated for the greatest version of "All I Want for Christmas Is You" that we'll ever know. Clasping musical instruments that you'd find in an elementary school classroom like a melodica and a recorder, the Roots bop along to Mariah's still-fabulous voice. It is joy! It is my joy! It is better than reheated Burl Ives, and I hope we turn off the X-mas Muzak and jam to this instead until December 26.

Important notes: I don't care what anyone says, Mariah Carey is fiiiiire. She's got the taste of a hip-hop Romanov, that unmistakable voice, and hand gestures that Christina Aguilera will never be able to emulate no matter how hard she tries. Love her and her crazy. You take me there, Mrs. Cannon.


Comments