'American Idol' judges Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson do interview with Ryan Seacrest while Nicki Minaj ...

American Idol doesnt make its newest seasons debut until January, featuring Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban as new judges.

But host Ryan Seacrest is giving us a behind-the-scenes pass to the judging panel, and theyre dishing about the audition process.

I think there were some incredibly talented people. And it's going to be tough," Carey told Seacrest about the singing hopefuls, E! News reports.

She also said the judges got triple the amount of talent they need.

Fellow new judge, Urban, whos married to Nicole Kidman, says "It's going to be hard to get to Hollywood week and let so many people go. Veteran judge Randy Jackson added, "You're going to see a lot of [your favorites] soar, and a lot of them fall apart."

Minaj didnt join the rest of the panel for that interview, but she did call into Seacrests radio show on Monday, People reports.

Of the premiere of the show, Minaj says "I'm scared," adding Maybe I shouldn't have been so like ... it's hard for me to not say how I really feel."

"Everyone else is so nice," she added of her fellow judges. "I was just thinking back about some things and I was like, 'I wonder if that was not so nice.' "

Minaj also said of the new season she knows people are going to love it. I think it's a great dynamic."

Furthermore, it seems her feud with Carey has faded because when asked if she would do a duet with her she said "If she'll have me, I'll be there waiting."

Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Facebook!

Comments