Nicki Minaj: 'Mariah Carey Met Her Match In Me'

11:34, Monday, 5 November 2012

Nicki Minaj has declared that Mariah Carey has "met her match" after their infamous on-set show down on American Idol.

Speaking on her own reality television series, My Truth, the colourful rapper showed no sign of backing down or trying to play nice.

She said: "I think Mariah met her match this time, and I don't think she was expecting to meet her match."

A video of the two divas' altercation was leaked onto the web, showing Nicki standing up and shouting abuse at Mariah after an alleged insult.

But in her own show Minaj reveals that she nearly didn't take the high-profile job at all.

She said: "I'm super nervous and anxious for the first day on American Idol. I'm still second guessing my decision. I'm probably going to be a hundred times guessing this decision because I'm human. It's a big job.

"Picking out the outfit, this is one thing that adds to the anxiety of the first day," she confesses as she looks at clothes. "To come out and have these people seeing me and not knowing what they're going to think and knowing you're going to be judged..."

A preview for Nicki's show also sees her tearing into gossip blogger Perez Hilton after he asks her if she wants to ! set the record straight about anything.

Referring to a claim that she had a row with Rihanna, she said: "Can I just say this? I'm sick of you printing lies. I want to know if you guys believe what you put on there? You believe that I would tell Rihanna 'You sit your ass down'?"

Watch MTV News on the hour every hour on MTV - Sky Channel 126 and Virgin Channel 311


Comments