Mariah Carey Adds Extra Security After Nicki Minaj Clash

Mariah Carey has hired extra security following an incident on the set of "American Idol" in which fellow judge Nicki Minaj cursed the "Dreamlover" singer out and, she claims, later remarked "If I had a gun, I would shoot that bitch."

According to Barbara Walters, who spoke to Carey Thursday morning and relayed the conversation on ABC's "The View," Minaj made the comment while leaving the set after this week's encounter, which was videotaped. She says other staff members heard the same gun remark.

"She is very concerned. She is with her twins," Walters says. "She doesn't feel that anything would happen. I'm quoting now, 'But Nicki is unpredictable' and Mairah says she can't take a chance and she has hired extra security."

Minaj tore into Carey on Tuesday at an audition in Charlotte, NC, shouting "I'm gonna knock you out" and "I told them I'm not f--kin' putting up with her f--kin' highness over there." TMZ was first to report on the taped outburst.

Walters says that the two have since been in meetings together, but that Minaj has not apologized. At one of those encounters, Minaj apparently told Mariah that she loves her but predicts "we might fight again." Walters says Mariah responded with "No, we will not."

"Mariah said she doesn't feel comfortable emotionally, but she will continue with the show because she likes the show and she loves mentoring the contestants," Walters says.

After "The View" aired Minaj took to Twitter to share her side of the story.

"Hey yAll. Lets just say nicki said smthn about a gun. ppl will believe it cuz she's a black rapper. Lmao. I'll then hit up Barbara n milk it," Minaj tweeted. "Ironi! cally no camera or mic heard the gun comment tho. Lol @ the struggle. Not even the producers believed u. Say no to violence barbs."

Minaj says Walters had not reached out for comment. "I guess we're too dangerous," she tweeted. "I don't call tmz n Barbara Walters cuz I stand on my own two feet. Never needed an army. God is good. Insecurity is as cruel as the grave."

The "Starships" star then seemingly laced into the "American Idol" staff members responsible for taping the video and speaking to the press. "I guess it hurts 2 have the producers tell u to ur face that nicki is the best judge we've had since simon. Awww, poor u. Keep them lies cmn."


Comments