Obama Hopes Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj Can 'Sort It Out'

President Barack Obama weighed in on the raging feud between "American Idol" judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj on Friday, playing along with a radio host's questions despite appearing to know little about the inter-diva situation.

"I think that they are going to be able to sort it out, I am confident," an amused Obama told Michael Yo of The Yo Show. "I'm all about bringing people together, working for the same cause, I think both outstanding artists are going to be able to make sure that they're moving forward and not going backwards."

Obama was also asked point blank which artist he prefers. Easy, he said.

"Mariah, she's actually done some events for us. I've gotten to know her and Nick (Cannon), she's a wonderful lady. Nicki I don't know, but I've got her on my iPod."

Yo later asked Obama about his lackluster performance during the first presidential debate with Mitt Romney. "I had an off night," he admitted.

Carey reportedly hired extra personal security following an Oct. 2 incident on the set of "American Idol" in which fellow judge Nicki Minaj cursed the "Dreamlover" singer out, shouting "I'm gonna knock you out" and "I told them I'm not f--kin' putting up with her f--kin' highness over there."


Comments