Obama on Nicki-Mariah feud

President Obama

Tampa Bay Times/ AP -- President Obama

Obama weighs in on Nicki Minaj-Mariah Carey spat

Oct. 15, 2012, 4:18 PM EST

Rolling Stone

President Barack Obama chimed in on the Nicki Minaj-Mariah Carey "American Idol"quarrel in a recent interview with Miami's Y100, TheWrap reports.

When asked about the rumored feud, Obama offered a message of peace. "I think that they are going to be able to sort it out. I am confident," he said. "I'm all about bringing people together, working for the same cause. I think both outstanding artists are going to be able to make sure that they're moving forward and not going backwards."

But Obama appeared to play slight favorites. "Mariah, she's actually done some events for us," he said. "Nicki I don't know, but I've got her on my iPod."

Related articles on Rollingstone.com:
Stevie Nicks Apologizes for Saying She'd 'Strangle' Nicki Minaj
'American Idol' Producers Dismiss Nicki Minaj-Mariah Carey Feud
Nicki Minaj Fires Back on Twitter After Mariah Carey Alleges Threats


Comments